Re: [python-users] Trying to use python-awips for model soundings

  • To: Michael James <mjames@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [python-users] Trying to use python-awips for model soundings
  • From: Bryan Guarente <guarente@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 16:33:29 -0600
Does this mean that we can only plot for RAOB locations or can we plot for
any lat lon point available in the dataset?

I thought we could just replace that "geom = POINT (... , ...)" line with
an appropriate lat lon location and then "fool" it into getting the data
from that location instead of OAX.

I don't believe that we could use the specific humidity for the vapor
pressure.  The linked sounding (AWIPS 2 Cave) here is the same as you had
in the example posted (KOAX, July 13, 12Z).

https://drive.google.com/a/ucar.edu/file/d/0BwAYX88KH9wDSVd2dUNPWWEyckU/view?usp=sharing

It didn't look to me like these were the same.

Thanks for the quick response.

Bryan

--
Bryan Guarente