Your latest rundown of what's been going on in the wonderful world of
Python @ Unidata:
- Lots of fixes to support the netCDF extended data model in CDMRemote
- Prototype support for CDMRemoteFeature service in TDS 5.0
- Experimental integration between Siphon's CDMRemote support and xarray
- Automated testing of notebooks. This keeps the workshop notebooks (and
the blog notebooks) working automatically (tests are run on Travis every
night). This actually revealed a bunch of stuff that had broken since our
last workshop. This testing has also made its way into Siphon and MetPy
- Automated testing on windows. This revealed several flaws in our workshop
notebooks, and will also keep Siphon and MetPy working there.
Didn't manage to get out the next blog post yet. Planning on taking it down
a level and covering a more beginner's look at plotting with matplotlib
(which will of course involve data from Siphon). Sean Arms and myself will
also be giving a tutorial at the SEA conference.
As always, we welcome your questions in feedback.
Until next time...
Ryan May, Ph.D.