[noaaport] NOAAPort metrics request

Hello, everyone. I'm a software engineering lead with Sonalysts, in Waterford,
CT. We are working on a machine learning research project which will provide
mission planning support for satellite payload users. In particular, we're
forecasting signal strength and quality from a receiver's ground location under
varying earth and space weather conditions.

To start, we are training our analytics engine with NOAAPort signal strength
and SNR from our receiver in Connecticut, but it would be excellent to collect
additional sets of NOAAPort metrics from different geographical locations. Do
any of you happen to push your NOAAPort metrics somewhere public, so that we
can compile additional datasets for our research? If so, knowing the location
we can poll, and the lat / lon of your dish would be a great help.

NOAAPort is our working example in C-band, but we are also keenly interested in
similar metrics for signal performance in other bands - Ku, for instance, if
you are willing to share that data as well.

Thank you for your time,
Tim Ouellette
  • Search the noaaport archives: