[noaaport] proper setting for net.ipv4.ipfrag_max_dist

We recently updated our Novra modem and are testing the use of noaaportIngester
to handle the feed from our dish. We are new to using noaaportIngester. Our
ldm-6.12.6 is running in 32 bit on an older box with an older version of Ubuntu
8.04.4 LTS (yes, we plan on upgrading to the latest 14.04 and going 64 bit). We
are seeing "Missing GOES fragment in sequence" errors which has been documented
elsewhere. According to various postings, the answer is to set
"net.ipv4.ipfrag_max_dist" via the "sysctl" and to include it in
/etc/sysctl.conf. I've tried setting it to 0, 4096, and 8192, but we continue
to see these errors. Has anyone found the best setting for our environment?

Rodger

Rodger R. Getz, President and CEO
AWIS Weather Services
1735 East University Drive, Suite 101
Auburn, AL 36830-5204

Website: http://www.awis.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AWISWeatherServices
Phone: (334) 826-2149 ext 1004
Toll-free: (888) 798-9955 ext 1004
Toll-free Fax: (888) 374-8027

which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer.

  • Search the noaaport archives: