Re: [netcdfgroup] [EXTERNAL] Re: Can I build zstandard support in netCDF with a static build?

  • To: netCDF Mail List <netcdfgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] [EXTERNAL] Re: Can I build zstandard support in netCDF with a static build?
  • From: Charlie Zender <zender@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2022 08:25:53 -0700
Matt, Richard:
I mis-spoke about NCO's support for --with-hdf5-plugin-path
I thought this was a custom option implemented by netCDF.
(I have always used the environment variable method for NCO).
Now I realize it is a generic option provided by configure,
and thus is available to NCO at build time as well.
There is no harm in building NCO with --with-hdf5-plugin-path.
It is probably more robust to build with --with-hdf5-plugin-path,
that way users who do not know about the environment variable
will get predictable behavior from your builds.
Charlie
--
Charlie Zender, Earth System Sci. & Computer Sci.
University of California, Irvine 949-891-2429 )'(