Re: [netcdfgroup] [EXTERNAL] Re: Can I build zstandard, support in netCDF with a static build?

  • To: netCDF Mail List <netcdfgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] [EXTERNAL] Re: Can I build zstandard, support in netCDF with a static build?
  • From: Charlie Zender <zender@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 03:42:43 -0700
Hi Matt and Richard,

As you have already learned, you do need to
rebuild NCO based on netCDF 4.9.0 to take advantage
of filters from within NCO. However, NCO itself neither
requires nor allows special configure options to
support filter invocation. NCO just needs to be
rebuilt as normal, on top of netCDF 4.9.0 built as Ed Hartnett
specified. The NCO documentation on its new filter
and quantization capabilities is at
http://nco.sf.net/nco.html#compression

Charlie
--
Charlie Zender, Earth System Sci. & Computer Sci.
University of California, Irvine 949-891-2429 )'(