Re: [netcdfgroup] Issue with time variable for Monte Carlo "scenarios"

  • To: Daniel Wright <danielb.wright@xxxxxxxx>, "netcdfgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <netcdfgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] Issue with time variable for Monte Carlo "scenarios"
  • From: Joe Lee <hyoklee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2022 18:55:58 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=hdfgroup.org; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=hdfgroup.org; dkim=pass header.d=hdfgroup.org; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=T/rgG6a71WOnr/yU49IswDgXFk68kNacBuCuxykw1OY=; b=J6A5Fpdd1RBC4cOb3W7s8DEY16QC8vCNpq0RwJCxr2bRx5zuJiCU2hZrXlP4u4sgszRv7CL9RwqKfPjshd3C2zn8jyHqBP+MsF9mQpHvqVbO40GZWIQlAvBH2ZW4tG4n/Q0jd0jURCOP1Npjm3+lNLuoXdGI6bWGzhMrhCsDJru0vwRgnnZi14M/O9wJjxSUBMvXD/cRrXZb/fGAbtcbremLmBCzXJY0yorVB7X1oMWWkrljD5VKv/JEyiVtlRe02P4xVRCBufJlfsyLagO9GIDvMXxiqW2mxlt6Vy0QVN05PzVQdoIMJeHuhN8ndNe2EAmQ8BjPkRznumuRz+EnuA==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=PZuyE0dmwX0WWRbJ0xpv38luLLrnMPofdVxj0uw6tXrrIpaaXcSgKQtGYN5ob1oY6mrv6/lnSbze6k8W8TBSe+UStJ1jVDyzm0hvArNMkc7NvCwObVXWlpTNxhChyuKq+Q+UEjPWoVuDvOt43S2AcvAkj9ldEzFLVWlda4dWIp1VF8G3AeO8ROeyPuJVsEWYbowT1ByEEMuu27ax5O2R1TCtOMkUWhzO1HkisoxBfz3s+0JXBXENwOrfxvDxmJwfrzHq9n5C/z+h//fFVlkDO+mIdwAkliQOpXdaOVU3AvUQtYaaYwel8BKqPG+KV8kpIvmpioBtc+nqaCxCUhHcOw==
Hi,

I think it's OK to have 10,000+ separate netcdf files if they are searchable
using metadata.
We've created 85,302 CF-compliant netCDF-4/HDF5 files with 2D lat/lon for Terra
Fusion project that spans over 15 years.
See slide 15 of [1] for the details.

[1]
http://www.nationaldataservice.org/get_involved/events/DataScienceTools/pdfs/zhao_terra.pdf