Re: [netcdfgroup] netCDF-C 4.8.0 (now with ncZarr!) now available

  • To: "netcdfgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx List" <netcdfgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] netCDF-C 4.8.0 (now with ncZarr!) now available
  • From: "H. Joe Lee" <hyoklee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 19:00:24 -0500
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=hdfgroup.org; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=hdfgroup.org; dkim=pass header.d=hdfgroup.org; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=LXNiwu1oGdDO7Dk33cnt3t4DAYXUwHIodmdiRke3+lU=; b=JOh+TyrMX2miIhLkNnFpngcDYXV1KabGg1WQh2ki2Etru4EFSA8+C73f81GZNB0boL+HUQPtYmjdrtOrIOl0Ql8pYFSg3BmZfpr07L2KQAUbNZEZa8UQKDOc2DsnWhqplar9joGRDeAk7t3oOv92BBhBBsfBzVKkDe3REWrshb1Rlfx+z+EKw8YuIPFdedi9T6YkuW8oMo7UZzDCr5XR47gQKmnHYOpsM2hpN+bHxGHaAp+doDxdZ09L/uC73dekTXSBVfL8zcBrOHLxTP51VgFHa3yqt1QjwjPhMb9XLTFcSzD4R8bF4D+FgPBVqcLJPRS8Ozm3ZttwTDcIwQmMlw==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=h2sWXAKV6IZh8eD2EliV3kHNyvGGrk6hYtUIndLiThp7KIr9Jw1WYQEXn25KxkJh71z1r+WZUALetNDhqyCBhqJ4NNx+zvkLrIipMpmNcOGzdBtfJZw2rG8lXUr20IwX1DC+XHhM49OJjEM4v+tX1NgYPMahHu+KugWS1vYCx7jJ+R33BI3IpI0zhCHecGsDsxVu5w5r9IwYij6RNxZim0iJk4mJF/XSa2bsAWH9FO/pw9XEFwR5BYmvuOAluhq6HXY2iMtGRGuCdQdCrpuzcho+jZ9dzv1QnVxb8ooUgPJWeV52/M1NhjjkrrWKsSXQi1HAEaXOi1bHheoUQtZf2w==
Hi, Ward!

  I'm trying to convert a pure Zarr to GeoTIFF via GDAL and
HDF5 via NCO using the new netCDF library.
However, I have some trouble in following your NUG:

  "NCZarr versus Pure Zarr.

The NCZARR format extends the pure Zarr format by adding extra objects such
as _.nczarr_ and _.ncvar_. It is possible to suppress the use of these
extensions so that the netcdf library can read and write a pure zarr
formatted file. This is controlled by using mode=nczarr,zarr combination.
The primary effects of using pure zarr are described in the Translation
Section."

I tried a few different modes but none worked for reading Zarr file:

~/src/netcdf-c-4.8.0/ncdump$ ./ncdump -h
"file:///efs/power_901_constants.zarr/#mode=zarr,file"
/home/ubuntu/src/netcdf-c-4.8.0/ncdump/.libs/ncdump:
file:///efs/power_901_constants.zarr/#mode\
=zarr,file: NetCDF: internal library error; Please contact Unidata support
~/src/netcdf-c-4.8.0/ncdump$ ./ncdump -h
"file:///efs/power_901_constants.zarr/#mode=nczarr,file"
ncdump: zclose.c:223: zclose_type: Assertion `type &&
type->format_type_info != NULL' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

Am I correct in using the "mode=zarr,file" for pure Zarr?
By the way, ncdump works fine on sample test nczarr files.

Regards,

- Joe
---
Deploy XaaS quickly using HDF in Distributed Cloud.