Re: [netcdfgroup] Doubt about netCDF format

On Mon, Mar 8, 2021 at 7:57 AM Andersson Barbosa <
barbosa.andersson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have data oceanographic and meteorologic data and then would like to do
> something similar to windy.

What is windy ??

> So, I thought about to get the data as netCDF to transfer it to another
> format, as JSON. But, I do not know if it could be possible.

Quite possible -- the trick is what specification do you want your JSON to
have? ANd that depends on the data.

But NCO supports a close-to-one-to-one mapping of netcdf to JSON:

https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2018AGUFMIN31B..30Z/abstract

and

http://nco.sourceforge.net/nco.html

Then there is:

COV-JSON: https://covjson.org/

and

CF-JSON: http://cf-json.org/

And, of course the venerable geoJSON.

Which to use depends on what your data looks like, and what your users can
deal with.

-CHB