Re: [netcdfgroup] Issue that permission error occurs according to filetype when using parallel netcdf

  • To: Kihang Youn <kyoun@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] Issue that permission error occurs according to filetype when using parallel netcdf
  • From: Wei-Keng Liao <wkliao@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 03:51:07 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=northwestern.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=northwestern.edu; dkim=pass header.d=northwestern.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=S8tOOJ0gWihQ1/biYNM7oCwNebxwpV0Tr5g0s/kiN2Q=; b=mgzngxFa1fuNWDC8lrLY4L+gGH8vPhdSC8AP2jXGxefYUITSTgsiKFrlgxteq67vww9G1IAHaAcuJKRNjPajW0AAKq4N5D9hyXhjkNUKBGZyYqSKANIbpJ4L4SOK0nbiwMF3fQGrLU+aarBIBW9pUxkC7Vkqlp0wVe0yCOlHDCSklZmdzbMxvJv6zAub+O7dLR6jH+art58oh9ITC49ZXRJ+fm5hq2w8GQoWtR6cSjoKOZeKDnwKsG6pq+8lYD92cRrWDn1h9W/BuNbYh0uf8nc9NMA4spPM2D4SSV5AnWFbjomdcWkLOFWHBH+QxCfJ9yvlBTOXgOsiRswfzmkxHA==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=bEbS4sxwSIVEL8pJPYNWqjC5CylX5gg+o2lC2Do931v0crD1THoE9uv1tgp5zW4B8cHfg9OX91eYjz52LiWJ9U/vtTI2XSZGWwdLpGhyMh9C69JRHxnDyq1NatzP8yCG8wYr+2zc0qGvEcYF/gHIokNdJFZOybz7qVAX8HLZFdPT2PIm2QzsKMF/8CpqlSekTOnv7O9f2ZHUj2BDjbYNFhOuX2EAHyNoSJ6+aLxK399YU5+F2GWjKmxMQcT+W6qLpMjW4Y49fZ4Jsdq/I2vYGBZKU45ejquSKseN+h6p1gdD35def56leNnycTLMnVreMDEUZTXF8CF3qv22DWubUw==
To use parallel I/O feature of NetCDF F90, you have to call
   nf90_create(FILE_NAME, IOR(NF90_NETCDF4, NF90_CLOBBER), ncid, &
               comm = MPI_COMM_WORLD, info = MPI_INFO_NULL)

To use sequential I/O feature of NetCDF F90, you have to call
   nf90_create(FILE_NAME, IOR(NF90_NETCDF4, NF90_CLOBBER), ncid)

NF90_MPIIO no longer takes effect when the NetCDF Fortran library is built with
recent NetCDF C library. That flag's corresponding flag in C, NC_MPIIO, has
become obsolete since C version 4.6.2.

The error "permission denied" may be because the file you are trying to create
has already existed. Without NF90_CLOBBER, you cannot create an
already-existing file.

If you provided some code fragments, it helps isolate the problem.

Wei-keng