Re: [netcdfgroup] API bump in 4.7.4

Hello,

My apologies, I thought I had responded to this.  The API bump was made
during the release process, following the guidelines as outlined here:

*
https://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/manual/html_node/Updating-version-info.html#Updating-version-info

During the release process, an ABI/API compatibility report is generated
using `abi-tracker` and related tool.  As I recall, the
addition/modification/removal of public-facing functions, coupled with the
version-info updating guidelines linked above, resulted in the API bump you
reference. I don't have that report in front of me, but it can be generated
fairly easily.  If you're interested and have access to docker, you can run
it as follows:

    $ docker run --rm -it -e OLDVER='v4.7.3' -e NEWVER='v4.7.4' -v
$(pwd):/output unidata/ncabi

This assumes you are in a temporary directory where the output html report
can be dumped.  Alternatively, I can make these reports available on the
Github release page during the release process.  Your comment about
mentioning the bump in the release notes is taken; my apologies for the
omission!

-Ward