[netcdfgroup] HPC Certification

Dear all,
as we found NetCDF of particular interest in our work, we have been
creating drafts for specifying some competencies revolving around NetCDF
for the HPC Certification Forum https://hpc-certification.org which aims to
standardize the HPC knowledge representation into fine-grained competences
for the sake of all practitioners.

In the long run, the goal is to make the skills examinable and certify this
knowledge.
Generally, a skill can be grouped into Basic/Intermediate/Advanced, where
we formulated the Basic versions for NetCDF now.
The expectation is that with a basic skill level a practitioner would know
the key knowledge (needed to do 90% of the tasks) and that is needed on a
daily basis when dealing with the skill.

The question is, is something important missing, are the learning
objectives precise enough?

The relevant skills are:
== Knowledge ==
NetCDF:
https://www.hpc-certification.org/wiki/skill-tree/k/1/3/2/4/1/b
NetCDF/CF
https://www.hpc-certification.org/wiki/skill-tree/k/1/3/2/4/3/b

== Software Development ==
NetCDF
https://www.hpc-certification.org/wiki/skill-tree/sd/1/2/5/1/1/b

Generally, the HPC Certification Forum hopes that experts from domains will
adopt some of these competencies, i.e., support the specification of them
and ensure that they are sound.

Videos about the HPC Certification Forum (and skill definitions) can be
found here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_PBXYC_ExoMcwTWrBnWPJHrRFgwOE2_y

If anyone is interested to give feedback to the skills, we'd appreciate it.
There are various ways to suggest improvements (e.g., Git, Wiki, Slack).

Thanks & Best,
Julian

--
Dr. Julian Kunkel
Lecturer, Department of Computer Science