[netcdfgroup] NetCDF-C 4.7.2 now available

Hello all,

The Unidata netCDF team is happy to announce the release of netCDF-C 4.7.2.
We are putting this out primarily to correct an error we’ve been observing
on newer versions of OSX, but there are other improvements as outlined
below.

Resources:

   - Download source:
   https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/index.jsp
   - Documentation: https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs
   - Windows binaries download:
   https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/winbin.html

Please feel free to contact us with any bug reports or questions!

Thanks all, have a great day!

-Ward

Ward Fisher
Unidata
Software Engineer - NetCDF Team Lead

The changes from the previous version include (but are not limited to):

   - [OSX][Bug Fix][Enhancement] Corrected an issue where protected memory
   was being written to with some pointer slight-of-hand. This has been in the
   code for a while, but appears to be caught by the compiler on OSX, under
   circumstances yet to be completely nailed down. See GitHub #1486
   <https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/issues/1486> for more information.
   - [Enhancement] [Parallel IO] Added support for parallel functions in
   MSVC. See Github #1492 <https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/pull/1492>
   for more information.
   - [Enhancement] Added a function for changing the ncid of an open file.
   This function should only be used if you know what you are doing, and is
   meant to be used primarily with PIO integration. See GitHub #1483
   <https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/pull/1483> and GitHub #1487
   <https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/pull/1487> for more information.
   - [Bug Fix][Enhancement] Various bug fixes and enhancements.