Re: [netcdfgroup] netCDF Runtime Problem (NetCDF: HDF error)

What happens when you use the command
    ncdump -h <file name>
on your file?
=Dennis Heimbigner
  Unidaata

On 5/7/2019 11:41 PM, LSL wrote:

Dear netCDF community,

I am writing for a question on netcdf. I can not open netcdf ouput of WRF model using ncview, but I can read it through panoply and NCL scripts.

lsl@lsl-Vostro-3668:~/Downloads/GLASS_RESAMPLE_SUBSET$ ncview wrfinput_d01
Ncview 2.1.8 David W. Pierce 8 March 2017
http://meteora.ucsd.edu:80/~pierce/ncvi ... _page.html <http://meteora.ucsd.edu:80/~pierce/ncview_home_page.html>
Copyright (C) 1993 through 2015, David W. Pierce
Ncview comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `ncview -w'.
This is free software licensed under the Gnu General Public License version 3; type `ncview -c' for redistribution details.

netcdf_fi_get_data: error on nc_get_vara_float call
cdfid=65536 variable=XLONG
start, count:
[0]: 0 1
[1]: 0 62
[2]: 0 91
NetCDF: HDF error

Moreover, when I tried to ncview this file on my laptop (another PC with Ubuntu System, and ncview installed), it works. I guess that it might caused by my netcdf configuration, which passed into wrf output.

Any indication is appreciated. Thanks!

Best regards,

LSL

P.S. the libraries manually installed are: hdf5-1.10.4 netcdf-4.6.1 netcdf-fortran-4.4.4