Re: [netcdfgroup] storing sparse matrices data in NetCDF

  • To: Chris Barker - NOAA Federal <chris.barker@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] storing sparse matrices data in NetCDF
  • From: Ken Mankoff <mankoff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 10:05:20 -0700
Hi Chris,

You are correct that this is not a sparse matrix at this point in the
discussion. I began thinking of my data as on a (lon,lat) grid but only a
few percent of the total grid cells were occupied. Since then I've changed
my mental representation and the file structure on disk, but not the
subject of this thread.

  -k.