[netcdfgroup] status of NF90_PNETCDF flag?

Hi,

I have been using older versions of netcdf for a long time (4.3.1.1) and just
recently tried out 4.6.0. I sometimes use pnetcdf for writing, in which case I
used the convenient netcdf-4 interface to define the files like so:

     cmode  = ior(ior(NF90_PNETCDF,NF90_MPIIO),nf90_64bit_offset)
     status = nf90_create(filename(ibeg:iend), cmode, ncid, comm = my_comm,
info = my_info)

With 4.6.0, the NF90_PNETCDF causes an error, but it works if I remove that
flag:
     cmode  = ior(NF90_MPIIO,nf90_64bit_offset)

But that doesn't work with the older netcdf. Is there a way to check which
version of netcdf I'm compiling against so that I can adapt the mode
appropriately? I've been testing out ideas with the f90tst_parallel.f90, but
can't seem to get both versions to work with the same code. I'm too lazy to
write a separate code to create and define my file with pure pnetcdf....

Thanks for any hints.

-- Ted