Re: [netcdfgroup] Netcdf to Json standard?...

There is also STAR-json:

https://www.space-research.org/blog/star_json.html

and

CF-JSON
http://cf-json.org/specification

Everyone working on these has been talking to each-other (I see both
Charlie and my names on the STAR-JSON page), and they are not very
different (I haven't looked recently to see how different).

It would be nice to converge that final bit to one standard, though :-)

Ther is also coverage-json:

https://covjson.org/
and
https://w3c.github.io/sdw/coverage-json/

(are these the same thing??)

which overlaps quite a bit with CF-netcdf -- but they have explicitly
choses not to follow the netcdf-cf structure, and rather something more
"json native". So while the use cases overlap, they are not the same.

-CHB