[netcdfgroup] Issue with netcdf_cxx4 Nctype

Dear netCDF group

I have the same problem that was related by Daniel Potter in this message
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/archives/netcdfgroup/2016/msg00320.html

Further googling this problem, I see that it seems to come from this issue:
https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-cxx4/issues/30.
I do not understand exactly what the problem come from but I see that the last
version of netcdf-cxx4 (v4.3.0) speaks to fix it.
So I compile the last version of netcdf-cxx4 and the last version of netcdf
(4.6.1).
The problem is still their (impossible to add a variable of type string) but
now it fails with a core dump that arrive in the HDF5 library and no more throw
an exception.
I try the suggestion of Elizabeth A. Fischer but it seems that no type is
associated with my NcFile.
Have you any suggestion?

Thanks for your attention

Virginie Trinité