Re: [netcdfgroup] create/open netCDF in parallel

Howdy Luis!

Yes, you can do that.

Whether a file is using parallel I/O is not a characteristic of the file,
it is a characteristic of how you open the file. If you open (or create)
with nc_open_par() (or nc_create_par()), then you get parallel IO.
Otherwise you get sequential IO.

You can create the file with par, and open it without parallel I/O next
time. Similarly you can take a file that is produced sequentially, and open
it for parallel I/O access.

Keep on NetCDFing!
Ed Hartnett