[netcdfgroup] Scipy netcdf issue

Hello,

While building nibabel for Fedora, we noticed a few tests failing when
nibabel uses scipy.netcdf[1]. As the nibabel developers say there, the
error does not occur with nibabel's bundled copy of netcdf.py, but it is
easily reproducible with scipy's version:

curl -L
https://github.com/nipy/nibabel/blob/master/nibabel/tests/data/minc1-no-att.mnc?raw=true
 minc1-no-att.mnc
python -c 'import scipy.io as sio; sio.netcdf_file("minc1-no-att.mnc")'

Would someone please be able to have a look at the scipy issue[2] and
provide some hints on where the bug may be? Unfortunately, we're not
too well versed with netcdf to diagnose the issue ourselves.

[1] https://github.com/nipy/nibabel/issues/579
[2] https://github.com/scipy/scipy/issues/8153

Regards,

Ankur Sinha "FranciscoD"