Re: [netcdfgroup] How to uncompress with nccopy in netCDF-C 4.6.0

Thanks Dennis, I am happy with your proposal.
Cheers,
Joaquín

From: netcdfgroup-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<netcdfgroup-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Dennis Heimbigner
<dmh@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2018 7:46 PM
To: netcdfgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] How to uncompress with nccopy in netCDF-C 4.6.0

This was an oversight on my part. The old behavior should apply
and I will revert it to not use a filter as a default.
However, it occurs to me that it would be desirable to have
a shorthand notation to tell nccopy to use the same filter
from the input.  There are probably two cases.
1. transfer the filter from input to output for all variables
2. transfer the filter from input to output for specified variables.

Tentatively I propose the following option flags:
1. -F all => transfer filter for all variables
2. -F <var>: => transfer filter for <var>
#2 could be repeated for different variables.

Comments?

=Dennis Heimbigner
  Unidata