Re: [netcdfgroup] Error Building netCDF-C 4.4.1 with macOS PGI 16.10

  • To: Ward Fisher <wfisher@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] Error Building netCDF-C 4.4.1 with macOS PGI 16.10
  • From: "Thompson, Matt (GSFC-610.1)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS INC]" <matthew.thompson@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 13:29:30 -0500
On 11/29/16 12:41 PM, Ward Fisher wrote:
Hi Matt,

Thanks for posting this; I didn’t know PGI had a community edition
available. This will make addressing pgi-specific issues (like this one)
a lot easier.

I was able to work past this issue by passing |-DNDEBUG| to the
compiler; this removes the assert statements. However, I’m encountering
some other issues. Particularly, I’m seeing:

|#warning This version of Xcode is not supported by PGI |

You don’t mention what version of Xcode and OSX you’re working with, but
I assume you aren’t seeing these?

I want to say I saw that macOS PGI requires at least Xcode 8.0. I'm running 8.1 at the moment.

I’ll follow up with you offline as I figure things out, now that I’ve
installed the PGI compiler. If anybody else has encountered this issue
and can suggest a fix, feedback is much appreciated and will find its
way into the upcoming 4.4.2 release!

But, it looks like I can build the library now with -DNDEBUG! I'm currently running a make check to be sure.

And, well, netcdf-fortran is dying as well. One step forward...one step back...

Matt

--
Matt Thompson, SSAI, Sr Scientific Programmer/Analyst
NASA GSFC,    Global Modeling and Assimilation Office