[netcdfgroup] netcdf-c library on mac file not found

Dear group,

I have installed the netcdf-c library using the documentation provided on the
website. I am trying to extract the variables from a .NC file I have using C as
programming language. I am using CLion as my editor (also tried others to get
this work)

To make sure everything works properly I am using a simple code from the
website written in C. Every time I compile my files cmake executes the
following:
cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.6)
project(hello)
set(CMAKE_C_FLAGS "${CMAKE_C_FLAGS} -Wall -Werror”)
include_directories("/usr/local/netcdf4/include”)
set(SOURCE_FILES main.c )
add_executable(hello ${SOURCE_FILES})

And then I try to make main to open the file in the command line but then I get
an error stating netcdf.h file not found. I have check my
/usr/local/netcdf4/include directory to make sure that netcdf.h is present.

Beside installing this manually, I tried to use macports as well but
unfortunately this hasn’t changed the error.

Am I forgetting something?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Musti