Re: [netcdfgroup] netCDF-C 4.4.1 now available

  • To: Ward Fisher <wfisher@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] netCDF-C 4.4.1 now available
  • From: Mary Haley <haley@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 11:16:14 -0600
Hi Ward,

Congrats on the new release!

This reminds me of a question that we have about the "conda" versions of
the NetCDF library that are served by Anaconda.

The official version of libnetcdf on Anaconda is 4.3.3.1 according to this
page:

https://docs.continuum.io/anaconda/pkg-docs

However, if you look at this page:

https://anaconda.org/anaconda/libnetcdf/files

it shows that the MacOS version of libnetcdf is actually at 4.4.0, and the
Linux/Windows version are at 4.3.3.1.

Long story short: this causes us some grief when trying to build conda
packages against the default libnetcdf version, because they will have
different functionality for MacOS versus Linux/Windows. (CDF5 support is
one of them).

Do you know anything about this, or do you have any influence to get them
to upgrade to 4.4.0[1] for all systems?

Thanks,

--Mary