[netcdfgroup] netCDF-C 4.4.1-rc3 now available

Hello all,

The third (and hopefully final) release candidate for netCDF-C 4.4.1 has
been released. As a reminder, the 4.4.1 release will primarily address the
issue of backwards-compatible netCDF4 binary files generated on systems
using libhdf5 1.10+.

Thanks to everybody who provided feedback following the previous release
candidate; the bugs that were reported have been fixed. Full release notes may
be found here
<https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/blob/v4.4.1-rc3/RELEASE_NOTES.md>, but
the notable items are listed below.

The source tarballs for this release candidate may be downloaded from the
Unidata GitHub page, at http://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/releases.
Documentation may be found at
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs_rc, and the pre-compiled
Windows binaries may be downloaded from
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs_rc/winbin.html. Assuming
no other issues are reported, we will try to have the full 4.4.1 release
available in short order.

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback; have a great day all!

-Ward

Ward Fisher
wfisher@xxxxxxxx
UCAR/Unidata - Software Engineer
4.4.1-RC3 - June 20, 2016

   - [Bug Fix] Corrected an issue where adding a _FillValue attribute to a
   variable would result in other attributes being lost. See GitHub #239
   <https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/issues/239> for more details.
   - [Bug Fix][Parallel I/O] Corrected an issue reported by Kent Yang at
   the HDF group related to Collective Parallel I/O and a potential hang.

​