Re: [netcdfgroup] Superblock version 0

It looks like H5P_get_version is indeed telling lies.
I am going to have to read the actual superblock, I guess.
=Dennis Heimbigner
 Unidata

On 6/3/2016 4:11 PM, Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate wrote:
Netcdf group,

My team is starting to test netcdf-4.4.1-rc2 with the latest HDF5
library, currently 1.10.0-patch1.  I see that netcdf-4 files are now
being generated with superblock version 0 for the first time in the
history of netcdf-4.  Presumably this is a result of the recent format
compatibility fix in 4.4.1.

All the older netcdf-4 files that I sampled, back to the original
netcdf-4.0 (2008), were created as superblock version 2.

Are there any indications whether superblock 0 will be robust and
interoperable, going into the future?

--Dave