[netcdfgroup] netcdf-fotran 4.4.4 (for NCVPTG illegal stride)

  • To: "netcdfgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <netcdfgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [netcdfgroup] netcdf-fotran 4.4.4 (for NCVPTG illegal stride)
  • From: Sean Byland <seanb@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 14:57:59 +0000
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23
Hello,
I have someone that is looking for a fix for:
https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/issues/183

and would like to know when netcdf-fotran 4.4.4 will be released?

I downloaded and verified that the fix is netcdf-fortran master branch and
suggested they could build/use it as a work around, but I’m not sure how stable
you all consider master to be?

Thanks for any info.
Sean B.

P.S. If anyone on this forum is using Cray’s Programming environment, this is
how I built netcdf-fortran with intel’s compiler:
#!/bin/bash
source $MODULESHOME/init/bash

wget https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-fortran/archive/master.zip
unzip master.zip
pushd netcdf-fortran-master
module swap PrgEnv-cray PrgEnv-intel
export CRAYPE_LINK_TYPE=dynamic
export CRAY_CPU_TARGET=x86-64
module load cray-netcdf
autoreconf -i
./configure CC=cc FC=ftn
make -j
popd

ftn ncvptg_test.f netcdf-fortran-master/fortran/.libs/libnetcdff.a