  From: Mohamad Chaarawi
  To: HDF Users Discussion List
  Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2016 11:35 AM
  Subject: Re: [Hdf-forum] Looking for HDF and netCDF employment

  Pedro,

  Please keep this list for HDF technical related discussions only.
  If you or anyone to that matter are interested in any positions we have here:
  https://www.hdfgroup.org/about/employment.html

  Please forward a resume to HPC@xxxxxxxxxxxx

  Thank you,
  Mohamad

  From: Hdf-forum <hdf-forum-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Pedro
Vicente <pedro.vicente@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Date: Thursday, April 21, 2016 at 10:33 AM
  To: hdf-forum <hdf-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  I am currentlly looking for HDF and netCDF employment, either a full time
position or a project contract.

  My resume is available here

  http://www.space-research.org/resume/resume_2016.pdf

  Here are some of the most successful HDF/netCDF projects I did:

  HDF Explorer:

  HDF Explorer is a data visualization program that reads HDF and netCDF.
  30,000 users downloaded so far HDF Explorer, and it is one of the leading HDF
products in the market.

  http://www.space-research.org/

  HDF Group (2001-2009).

  I was a member of the HDF Group from 2001-2009.
  During this time I developed some of the most successful HDF command line
tools and APIs:

  • The HDF5 Lite API consists of higher-level functions which do more
operations per call than the basic HDF5 interface.
  • The HDF5 Image API defines a standard storage for HDF5 datasets that are
intended to be interpreted as images.
  • The HDF5 Table API defines a standard storage for HDF5 datasets that are
intended to be interpreted as tables.
  • The HDF5 Dimension Scale API defines labeling dataset dimensions with
another dataset.
  • h5diff, command line tool that compares two HDF5 files and reports the
differences.
  • h5repack, command line tool that  copies an HDF5 file to a new file with or
without compression/chunking.

  Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Tennessee (2009-2015).

   • Development of HDF5 software for the Spallation Neutron Source (SNS).
   • Improved performance of SNS software by use of HDF5 in comparison to the
NeXus format.

  University of California at Irvine (2012-2014).

  • netCDF operators (NCO), integration of netCDF API group hierarchy into NCO.

  I am currently developing an open source project regarding data formats,
called Data Explorer

   http://www.space-research.org/

   Donations are welcome

  Pedro Vicente