From: netcdfgroup-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[netcdfgroup-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Benoist LAURENT
[benoist.laurent@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 07 October 2015 14:45
To: netcdfgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [netcdfgroup] binary larger than text file

Dear netcdf users,

I have data I want to convert to nc format.
This data is integers, floating point numbers and text.

I created a dummy nc file containing text and I realize the binary file is
larger that the text file.
How come ?

See by yourself: convert the joint file to binary using
ncgen -b foo.nc.txt

Thank you in advance for your help.
Ben