Re: [netcdfgroup] Configure error while installing netCDF with Hdf5

Hi
I am attaching my notes on netcdf installation with hdf5. Have a look at it
and see if your issue gets resolve. These are not perfect expert notes but
may help you.

*INSTALLATION*
I made two directories as follow
/opt/hdf5/ and /opt/netcdf/

1. *Install zlib in hdf5 directory:*
cd  /source/code/folder
./configure  --prefix=/opt/hdf5

2. *Get source code from hdf website and un-tar it (**Don't use binaries)*
$ cd hdf5-X.Y.Z

Do this only if you get an error.
       -For Mac OSX Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion (before Mavericks)
                vi ./config/gnu-flags/
          change following line
                 gcc-4.*)
                 PROD_CFLAGS="-O0”
                    OR (if gnu-flags file is missing)
                  CFLAGS=-O0 ./configure
For Linux and Mac OSX Mavericks it worked without above changes

3.   *For fortran & cpp support with compression*
               ./configure --prefix=/opt/hdf5/ --enable-fortran
--enable-cxx --with-zlib=/opt/hdf5/

These check-tests should not be failed!
Always run these commands in the same order as below.
   $ sudo make
   $ sudo make check                # run test suite.
   $ sudo make install               #install the library
   $ sudo make check-install        # verify installation.

*4. In netcdf source directory*
CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/hdf5/include/ LDFLAGS=-L/opt/hdf5/lib/ ./configure
--prefix=/opt/netcdf/ --enable-netcdf-4
sudo make check install
If successful it will show a congratulatory message.

Bhupendra Raut
(Research Fellow)
School of Earth, Atmosphere and Environment
9, Rainforest Walk
Monash University
Clayton 3800
Victoria, Australia