Re: [netcdfgroup] what is status of netCDF3 vs netCDF4?

I do have to agree with Gus: Having all bindings in one release makes my
life a lot easier when I have to integrate a new release of the code. Since
we do try to follow the releases pretty closely, it means I've got to spend
more time looking to make sure the Fortran and C bindings are the latest
and are compatible. And, since I also have to help others around the
University, I often have to ansewr these questions a number of times. I get
pretty confident I know which releases of what code are where we want to be
after awhile.

I can understand the benefits from the developer side, but us poor
end-users need to be remembered, too.

gerry

Gerry Creager
NSSL/CIMMS