[netcdfgroup] gfortran vs ifort compiled FORTRAN library

I have been having trouble with writing an array of size 6x3960x243 =
5,773,680 elements.  I had no problems writing this same data when the
array was only size 6x2024x243 = 2950992 elements.  I have been playing
around with various size/type variables, and have found that it was only a
problem with integer values and not with real/double values, and it didn't
matter if it was 1, 2, or 3 dimensions.  It also seems to always been an
issue with a large number of elements, and never an issue with small number
of elements.  The tipping point seems to be around 3,116,000 elements.  At
that number the write would sometimes fail and sometimes work.  It seemed
very random.

After struggling with this for a while we decided to try compiling the code
with gfortran instead of ifort.  Once I did this, the problem went away.
 So this seems to be a bug in the library only when compiled with ifort.

Anyway, just wanted to let others know in case they run into a similar
issue.

Tish Soulliard

NOAA/NESDIS/STAR

letitia.soulliard@xxxxxxxx