[netcdfgroup] netcdf linking

Hello,

I have been trying to compile the Hysplit dispersion model in parallel on
my cluster. This required netcdf among other things and it seems to fail
when linking to netcdf libraries and include files towards the end. I found
a post on this
forum<https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/archives/netcdfgroup/2012/msg00317.html>that
got me a little further down the road but I am still getting similar
errors. I'm not sure if it is a netcdf problem anymore or an I/O API issue
but if it is then it is likely related to netcdf anyway. This is unclear to
me.

I am compiling with pgi 10.2, mpich2 v 1.4.1, and netcdf-4.1.3. Below is
where my log file starts to show errors. First thing I notice is that it is
calling gfortran when I am compiling with pgf90, this appears to be due to
I/O API from what I have read
here<http://www.baronams.com/products/ioapi/ERRORS.html#pgi>.

***/share/huina/akp4221/hysplit/trunk/cmaq
rm -f ../exec/traj2api
rm -f ../exec/conc2api
rm -f ../exec/mcip2arl
rm -f ../exec/conc2cdf
gfortran    -o ../exec/conc2cdf -fconvert=big-endian -frecord-marker=4
-ffree-form -I/usr/local/include  conc2cdf.f -L/usr/local/lib -lnetcdf
-L../library -lhysplit
 In file netcdf.inc:1

     Included at conc2cdf.f:43

1
Error: Unclassifiable statement at (1)
 In file netcdf.inc:2

     Included at conc2cdf.f:43

c     Functions in the FORTRAN interface
1
Error: Unclassifiable statement at (1)
 In file netcdf.inc:29

     Included at conc2cdf.f:43

1

These statements go on for some time and then starts looking like this
which is somewhat similar to what I saw before I changed my netcdf linking
option.

 In file conc2cdf.f:158

  kret=NF_PUT_ATT_TEXT(ncid, NF_GLOBAL, 'title', 34, 'HYSPLIT Model
Concentrati
                                     1
Error: Symbol 'nf_global' at (1) has no IMPLICIT type
 In file conc2cdf.f:154

  kret=NF_CREATE(OUTFILE, NF_CLOBBER, ncid)
                                   1
Error: Symbol 'nf_clobber' at (1) has no IMPLICIT type
 In file conc2cdf.f:204

  kret=NF_DEF_VAR(ncid, 'time', NF_DOUBLE , 1, condim(4), idetim)
                                        1
Error: Symbol 'nf_double' at (1) has no IMPLICIT type
make: *** [conc2cdf] Error 1

Can someone please let me know if this is an I/O API issue and how to fix
it?
Mahalo!

-Andre

--