[netcdfgroup] How to represent this data in NetCDF

Hi,

I need to represent a number of 'objects' detected in a NetCDF data set. The
objects basically comprise of N vectors of dimension D.

1       x1      y1      z1
 .
 .
N       xN      yN      zN

The trouble is, that N varies from object to object. I was taking a look at the
C-API for variable length arrays, but couldn't really make heads nor tails of
it. Also, I have been using the C++ API heavily and it does not seem to have
any notion of variable length arrays.

Any other (possibly backward compatible) way I can tackle this one?

Kind Regards,
Ion