Re: [netcdfgroup] netcdf under RedHat 5

If you don’t want/need HDF5 support, you can just install netcdf disabling its
support, say
./configure –disable-netcdf4 –disable-hdf5

Here I got an issue about netcdf activating HDF5 automatically although the
version is not compatible (netcdf 4.1.1 assumes –disable-netcdf4 and
–disable-hdf5 if no HDF5 is found on the libraries’ path). Then I just forced
it via the above command and it compiled fine. Later, when I need to test the
HDF5/netcdf4 stuff, I will install and link to the latest HDF5 library.

I hope it helps.