[netcdfgroup] Request for real-world experience using netCDF-4

Hi,

I'll be giving a presentation on netCDF at the AGU annual meeting in
December.  Part of the presentation reports on experience in making
use of

 - compression or chunking to improve performance

 - OPeNDAP client capabilities to access data from servers

 - extensions to the data model, such as groups, compound types,
   variable-length types, and multiple unlimited dimensions

 - high-performance computing enhancements such as parallel I/O

If you have any such real world experience successfully adapting
software or services to make use of some of the new features of
netCDF-4, please send me a brief description (or reference to such a
description).  I'd also appreciate hearing about any significant
obstacles that made such adaptation difficult.

Thanks!

--Russ