Re: [netcdfgroup] Problem to compile bm_file

Hello,

I finally managed to compile the bm_file program. I am trying to modify chunk parameters in my NetCDF4 file but I do not clearly understand how to write the good arguments for doing that. Here is an example:

## file.nc: NetCDF4 file of dimension X[5], Y[10] and Time[12].
ncdump -h file.nc

netcdf file.nc {
dimensions:
    X = 5 ;
    Y = 10 ;
    Time = UNLIMITED ; // (12 currently)
variables:
    int X(X) ;
        X:units = "meters" ;
        X:long_name = "X" ;
    int Y(Y) ;
        Y:units = "meters" ;
        Y:long_name = "Y" ;
    int Time(Time) ;
        Time:units = "seconds" ;
        Time:long_name = "Time" ;
        Time:calendar = "gregorian" ;
    float var3d(Time, Y, X) ;
        var3d:units = "units" ;
        var3d:missing_value = 1.e+30f ;
}

## Following the documentation (run_bm_elena.sh), I have tried to modify chunk parameters, as X[1], Y[5], Time [12] :
bm_file -d -f 3 -o  file_out2.nc -c 0:-1:0:1:5:20 file.nc

file_out2.nc is well created but I am not sure the chunking parameters have been correctly set... How can I know ? I am not sure I understand the meaning of -c arguments (i.e. [-c V:Z:S:C:C:C[,V:Z:S:C:C:C, etc.]] Deflate, shuffle, and chunking parameters for vars). Please could you explain ?

Thanks in advance.

Clement Tisseuil