[netcdfgroup] Combination of nested NetCDF files

Good day folks,

This is Brian Etherton, out in North Carolina.  Hope all is well with you guys
out in Colorado, and all in the netcdfgroup.

I have a quandary, and the information presented to me on the Unidata web site
is so great as to be overwhelming.  Hence.  My note.

I have a triple nested WRF run, a 27km outer nest, a 9km middle nest, and a 3km
inner nest.  The 9km and 3km nests move every time step, following a hurricane
(in this case, Earl).

What I want to do is to combine the three NetCDF files valid at a moment in
time into one file.  In this new file, I want to use the 3km resolution data
where I have it, then 9km where I have it, and the 27km where I have it.  In
essence, I want to remove the 27km data and replace it with the 9km data where
I can, and remove the 9km data and replace it with the 3km data when I can.  I
want to maintain the native resolution of my data in all instances.  I do not
want to degrade everything to the 27km grid.

My question: what tool would allow me to do this?  I have looked at a few, but
none has this exact feature.

Thoughts?

Kind thanks,
Brian Etherton