Re: [netcdfgroup] How to define hybrid sigma pressure coordinates?

Hi Andreas,

You have the standard_name for both levm and levi correct already,
"atmosphere_hybrid_sigma_pressure_coordinate". That is what indicates
which dimensionless vertical coordinate you are using.

I do not believe you need a standard_name for hyam, hybm, hyai, or hybi.
But I'm really pressing the limits of my knowledge on this part of the
CF specification. You might want to post this to the CF mailing list and
see if anyone there has any suggestions. If you're not already on the
list, there is a link to the mailing list from the CF "Discussion" page
(http://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/discussion).

Ethan