[netcdfgroup] problem with nccopy4.c

Dear all,

I'm working in C with netCDF 4 and I'm searching a way of copying the
dimensions and the global attributes from  a netCDF file to another one. I was
looking at the example program:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/examples/programs/nccopy4.c

then I compiled the program and I linked the netcdf, hdf5_hl, hdf and z
libraries as I have usually done,  but I received the following linkage error
related to the function nc_inq_typeid whose definition and content  are not
found..

Can anybody give me same helps and suggestions please?

It's the first time I write to this list, if this problem or a similar one was
discussed and maybe solved in the past please remind me to that discussion.

Thank you very much

Best Regards

Emanuele Cordano

Invoking: MacOS X C Linker
gcc -L/Users/ecor/libraries_x_netcdf4/netcdf-4.0.1/lib
-L/Users/ecor/libraries_x_netcdf4/hdf5-1.8.3/lib
-L/Users/ecor/libraries_x_netcdf4/zlib-1.2.3/lib -o "z_test_netcdf_copy"
./main.o ./nccopy4.o   -lnetcdf -lhdf5_hl -lhdf5 -lz
Undefined symbols:
  "_nc_inq_typeid", referenced from:
      _copy_vlen_type in nccopy4.o
      _copy_vlen_type in nccopy4.o
      _copy_compound_type in nccopy4.o
      _copy_var in nccopy4.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [z_test_netcdf_copy] Error 1

Emanuele Cordano
DICA/CUDAM - Dipartimento di Ingegneria Civile e Ambientale
Stanza/Room 402
Universita' degli Studi di Trento
Via Mesiano 77 - 38100 Povo (Trento)
Tel: +39 0461 28 2610