Re: [netcdfgroup] transfering netCDF-file from R to ArcGIS

yes, Dave has hit it.  here are the outputs for the two variables:

        double hoehe(uni) ;
                hoehe:missing_value = -9999. ;
                hoehe:long_name = "hoehe" ;
                hoehe:standard_name = "hoehe" ;
                hoehe:coordinates = "x y" ;
        double Precipitation(uni) ;
                Precipitation:units = "km" ;
                Precipitation:missing_value = -9999. ;
                Precipitation:long_name = "Daily precipitation data recorded at
Swiss climate stations" ;

Not that coordinates are defined for elevation, not precipitation.

-Roy