Re: [netcdfgroup] reading variable dimension using fortran 90

Sudheer,

If the names of the dimensions are always the same, then use nf90_inq_dimid followed by nf90_inquire_dimension to get the length of each dimension. See the example on this page:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-f90/NF90_005fINQUIRE_005fDIMENSION.html

If all the dimensions have coordinate variables, then the following subroutine will get several dimension lengths in one call:

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/people/dave.allured/data/f90/lib/getnc_dims.f90

If the dimension names change between Netcdf files, then the problem is more complicated. We can address that if neither of the above works for you.

--Dave A.
NOAA/PSD/CIRES