Re: [netcdfgroup] Parallel HDF5 and pnetcdf

David Robertson <robertson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to build a NetCDF-4.1.1 library that
> has both parallel HDF5 AND pnetcdf. When I try, I get a bunch of
> function redefined errors:
>
> PGC-W-0221-Redefinition of symbol NC_WRITE
> (/opt/pgisoft/openmpi/parallel-netcdf-1.1.1/include/pnetcdf.h: 135)
>
> Which suggests that downloading a replacement for pnetcdf.h, as
> mentioned in the INSTALL file, could alleviate this. However, the file
> no longer exists:
>
> wget ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/pnetcdf.h
> No such file `pnetcdf.h'.
>
> I have tried this with ifort, pgi, and gfortran using both Open MPI
> and MPICH2. None of those combinations build successfully.

Howdy Dave!

Sorry it took me so long to answer your question.

Yes, you can use pnetcdf with 4.1.1. The pnetcdf.h file is now in the
proper place on the ftp site:

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/pnetcdf.h

Thanks,

Ed
--
Ed Hartnett  -- ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx