Re: [netcdfgroup] netcdf 4.1.1, tex, texi2dvi

Felipe Pimenta <felipepimenta@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install netcdf 4.1.1 with the following configure options:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/mpp/fpimenta/repos/Modelos/MOM4p1/netcdf
> --disable-cxx  --disable-netcdf-4 --disable-dap
>
> After running "make" I obtain the following error:
>
> make[2]: Entering directory
> `/mpp/fpimenta/repos/Modelos/MOM4p1/netcdf-4.1.1/man4'
> TEXINPUTS=".:$TEXINPUTS" \
> MAKEINFO='/bin/sh
> /mpp/fpimenta/repos/Modelos/MOM4p1/netcdf-4.1.1/missing --run makeinfo
>   -I .' \
> texi2dvi -s  --pdf --batch netcdf.texi
> You don't have a working TeX binary (tex) installed anywhere in
> your PATH, and texi2dvi cannot proceed without one.  If you want to use
> this script, you'll need to install TeX (if you don't have it) or change
> your PATH or TEX environment variable (if you do).  See the --help
> output for more details.
>
> For information about obtaining TeX, please see http://www.tug.org.  If
> you happen to be using Debian, you can get it with this command:
>   apt-get install tetex-bin
> make[2]: *** [netcdf.pdf] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/mpp/fpimenta/repos/Modelos/MOM4p1/netcdf-4.1.1/man4'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/mpp/fpimenta/repos/Modelos/MOM4p1/netcdf-4.1.1'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>

> I've tried to use  --disable-docs-install, but it didn't work. Is it
> really necessary to install TEX for the build? Are there any other
> options?

Sorry Filipe!

This is a bug in the 4.1.1 release. A "make clean" wipes out the
documentation files, though it should not.

To fix, unpack the tarball again. This will restore the built
documentation and make will succeed again without trying to build the
documentation.

I hope to get this bug fixed before the next release...

Thanks,

Ed
--
Ed Hartnett  -- ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx