Re: [netcdfgroup] python function to read netcdf files

On 3/31/10 2:54 AM, Yair suari wrote:
hello group
i currently use matlab for data visualization and from obvious economic reasons consider moving to python. the main thing that stops me is the interface to netcdf files. in matlab i currently use this:( function to read the files. it saves alot of times since it reads the hole netcdf file at once converting it to structured array.
my question is is there a python equivalent?

Yair: I've developed a python interface ( However, it doesn't read the whole dataset in automatically. Most users would not like that, since many netcdf datasets would exceed the available memory on most machines.