Re: [netcdfgroup] Estimate for 4.1 release date

Orion Poplawski <orion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Is there any current estimate for when 4.1 will be released?
> Wondering whether to put it into Fedora 12 which will be released
> around Nov. 10th.
> Is there any current estimate for when 4.1 will be released?
> Wondering whether to put it into Fedora 12 which will be released
> around Nov. 10th.

We are just about done with 4.1 and hope to release next month.

The current daily snapshot is very close to what 4.1 will be. We are
working on some last-minute fixes and some portability testing, and Russ
is still working on the new nccopy utility that will copy arbitrary
netCDF files.

Make sure that when you build it you get the latest HDF5 release
too. Right now I am using 1.8.3-snap2, but I hope that their 1.8.4
release will be out soon.

Thanks,

Ed

--