[netcdfgroup] NetCDF 4.0 on Windows?

Hello :-)

Are there any plans to supply compiled binaries for NetCDF 4.0 or 3.6.3 on
Windows?

The latest Windows pre-built binary is 3.6.1. I try to compile 4.0 from source,
after converting the Microsoft Visual Studio.NET (2003) project files to Visual
Studio 2005.

I first of all get the off_t / int64 conflict:
1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\sys\types.h(101) :
error C2632: 'long' followed by '__int64' is illegal

types.h states:

#ifndef _OFF_T_DEFINED
typedef long _off_t; /* file offset value */
#if !__STDC__
/* Non-ANSI name for compatibility */
typedef long off_t;    // This is line 101
#endif
#define _OFF_T_DEFINED
#endif

Preprocessor definitions are not what I know best. But I try to define
_OFF_T_DEFINED in project settings-preprocessor definitions; then I get:
1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\sys\stat.h(118) : error
C2061: syntax error : identifier '_off_t'
from line 118 and other places in stat.h.
I am not sure about what I can do with the __STDC__ flag.
Does !__STDC__ mean NOT __STDC__ (as in code), and if so, is there somewhere I
can set this property?

Among other errors, the tarball distribution is missing two header files which
are #included elsewhere in the code. Are they really missing, or was it never
the intention that the files utf8proc.h and ncdump.c should be read, or
#included these two files?
1>c:\program files\netcdf-4.0\libsrc\utf8proc.h(79) : fatal error C1083: Cannot
open include file: 'inttypes.h': No such file or directory
2>c:\program files\netcdf-4.0\ncdump\ncdump.c(9) : fatal error C1083: Cannot
open include file: 'unistd.h': No such file or directory

Where shoud the symbol TEMP_LARGE be defined? (undeclared identifier)

If someone knows that building NetCDF on Windows using MSVC 2005 is hopeless,
please let me know and I won't break my neck on it. But if this somehow "should
work", I can continue trying, but I need some assistance.

I have pre-built HDF5-1.8.1 installed (works :-), but I might be missing some
environment variables or compiler settings.

Best regards,

Sjur Kolberg
SINTEF Energiforskning A/S
Sem Sælands vei 11