netcdf4-python.googlecode.com/

This package also has netcdf3 support, if you don't want to install netcdf4, and uses the same API as the Scientific netcdf package.

-Rob

On Apr 11, 2008, at 7:31 PM, Rich Signell wrote:
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: vale_cn@xxxxxxxxx <vale_cn@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 7:50 AM
Subject: [netcdfgroup] problems between netcdf and scientific python
To: netcdfgroup <netcdfgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello,
we are trying to install netcdf library and scientific python on a
AMD64 with Fedora7. To check if they interact we have run the python
script:

from Scientific.IO.NetCDF import NetCDF

but we obtain the following error:

[root@papa001169 ScientificPython-2.7.8]# python prova.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "prova.py", line 3, in <module>
   from Scientific.IO.NetCDF import NetCDF
File "/home/Valeria/Desktop/ScientificPython-2.7.8/Scientific/IO/ NetCDF.py",
line 165, in <module>
   from Scientific_netcdf import *
ImportError: No module named Scientific_netcdf

Does anyone have suggestions?
Thanks in advance
Valeria