[netcdfgroup] Fwd: [ncl-talk] Check you NCARG_ROOT.

From: Erik Noble <enoble@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: November 6, 2007 4:27:48 PM EST
To: Rick Grubin <grubin@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ncl-talk] Check you NCARG_ROOT.

Hi. I figured it out. NCL works now (hopefully).

NCAR_GRAPHIcS has to be installed in /usr/local only, nowhere else.

On my Apple, I first installed NCAR_Graphics in /opt/intel/ncarg so that all of my required libs were under one directory.
I ran into problems.

Second I untarred and installed NCAR_Graphics in /user/local/ncarg
I ran into the same error.

Given the setup you note above, what directories/files are below: / usr/local/ncarg ?
This directory NCAR GRAPHICS files from the tar file. I renamed it to ncarg.

Erik@noble:/usr/local:pwd
/usr/local
Erik@noble:/usr/local:ls ncarg/
COPYING NcargVersion config man version Configure README include ncarg2d yMakefile
Copyright       bin             lib             ncarview
INSTALL_README  common          makefile        ngmath

Lastly, I installed NCAR_Graphics in /user/local/
Now the necessary files are there under /usr/local/lib/ncarg !
What files/directories are below:  /usr/local/lib ?
Erik@noble:/usr/local:ls /usr/local/lib
libcgm.a        libncarg_c.a    libnclapi.a     ncarg
libncarg.a      libncarg_gks.a  libngmath.a
Erik@noble:/usr/local:ls /usr/local/lib/ncarg
colormaps               grib2_codetables        sysresfile
data                    nclex                   tests
database                nclscripts              tutorial
examples                ngwww                   udunits
fontcaps                resfiles                xapp
graphcaps               robj
Erik@noble:/usr/local:

Setting NCAR_ROOT to use only this path, while keeping netcdf, ncl, and all other libs in /opt/intel/ seems to work now;

Erik@noble:/Users/Erik:ncl
Copyright (C) 1995-2007 - All Rights Reserved
NCAR Command Language Version 4.3.1
The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
ncl 0>