Re: [netcdfgroup] Ann: NCL/PyNIO now have support for netCDF-4 classic format

  • To: David Brown <dbrown@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] Ann: NCL/PyNIO now have support for netCDF-4 classic format
  • From: Jeff Whitaker <jswhit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 11:50:13 -0600
David Brown wrote:
Hi Jeff,

Currently NCL and PyNIO turn on the shuffle filter whenever compression is requested. My reading of the docs suggested that there were no disadvantages to having shuffle set on all the time, and so I did not make it an option in the interest of keeping things simple.

So is this okay as far as you (or anyone else with knowledge of these things) are concerned, or do I need to make this something the user controls? It would be easy enough to make it optional,
  -dave

Dave: That sounds fine to me.
-Jeff